Our team will guide you through the WABA creation process. It will belong to your company but will be managed by us to ease the configuration process. Follow this guide for step by step on setting up your WhatsApp Business Channel.
Step 1: Set up a Facebook Business Manager Account
To create a WhatsApp Business Channel, you will need to have a Facebook Business ID. To create a Facebook Business Account, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to business.facebook.com/overview
- Click on Create Account
- Follow the steps to submit your application
For additional information, you can find it here
Step 2: Choose your WhatsApp Number
Your WhatsApp number needs to be 'clean', which means it must not have been registered with another WhatsApp user. Since you will need to receive a code to activate your channel, the number you use must be able to receive a call or SMS. In case you want to allow your users to make phone calls to that number, we recommend using a landline or mobile number.
Note that once your number has been set up for the WhatsApp Business API, this cannot be disconnected. If you have switched from the WhatsApp Business App to the API using the same number and are now looking to switch back, you cannot use your number in the Business App anymore; you will need to connect a new clean number.
Step 3: Create WhatsApp Channel
Once you have step 1 and 2 ready, our team will help you set up your new WhatsApp channel. You have to fill the form in Manage WhatsApp on the left sidebar and choose Registration & Submission tab. Fill the information needed below:
- Business Phone Number: Please see Phone Number Guideline Click Here
- About: Add a status that your customers will see on your WhatsApp Business profile.
- Email: Add an email that customers can contact your business on. This will be displayed publicly on your WhatsApp profile.
- Address: Edit your address to ensure your customers see the most up-to-date address for your business.
- Title: Provide a short description to give your customers a good idea of what your business does.
- Industry: Select the sector that your business is part of.
- Website: Submit the URLs for your business websites so that customers can find out more about you.
- Display Pic: Your image must be larger than 192 x 192 px and a maximum of 5 MB. As WhatsApp scales and crops profile photos to be square, we recommend an image size of 640 x 640 px.
- Display Name: Please see Display Name guideline Click Here
- FB Manager ID: If you have not made an FB Manager ID you can follow the steps Click here
- Two Factor Verification: In order to apply for an Official WhatsApp Business account, you must set a 6 digit pin.
Step 4: Approve “Message on Behalf Request”
You will receive a request for our WhatsApp API Provider to send WhatsApp messages
on your behalf. To approve it follow the steps below:
- Login into your Facebook Business Manager Account.
- Go to the Requests section (left sidebar).
- Go to Received Requests.
- Approve the request.
- Only the admin of the FBM account can see this request and accept it.
Step 5: WhatsApp Approval
Once the 4 steps above have been completed, we will have to wait for WhatsApp’s
approval. This can take up to 10 business days.
Step 6: Phone Number verification
Verihubs' team will contact you to make a phone number verification process. You will get an SMS or a phone call with a verification number.
And that's it! Your WhatsApp Business Channel is now installed. You can start create a template to send messages.
Updated 4 months ago